Sunday, February 17, 2008

100% and Two Months Out

I took the dog for a long bike ride today. About eight miles. And my knee was just fine. And as I sit here and write from the comfy of my chair, the knee isn't swollen. My legs don't ache. And I don't feel like I overextended myself. Woo-hoo! I think I can fairly say that I am truly healed. No complaints in the knee department. In fact, I even found myself climbing in and out of a sports car and a low-riding sedan several times this week. I simply had to put full weight on my right knee to get in and out. And no problem! Full recovery in 8 weeks.That's the message if you are facing open knee arthrotomy surgery. If all goes well--as I believe it has in my case--then you'll be pretty much back to normal by six weeks and fully recovered by eight.

My next appointment with my onc doc is in March. He will probably take another MRI to see if the PVNS has returned. I'm certain that the tumor behind my knee is alive and well. I can feel it daily...but it isn't hurting enough to warrant a posterior knee surgery...I, er, hope.

3 comments:

Grace said...

I know this post is almost one year old now...but I just wanted to thank you for sharing your story.

I had a right knee arthrotomy for pvns, December 19/08...almost the same timeline as you, just one year later. My pain is amost gone, but the range of motion is a little pitiful right now. I find your stories encouraging...thank you.

Planning to head out to Argentina in March for some travel, hiking, wine drinking, etc. Sure hope I can live this knee trouble back in Canada.

DocL-Moat said...

Thanks for your story. I have posted mine on PVNS: http://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=8382272072077311375#allposts

Andi said...

Are you still out there???