Tuesday, January 29, 2008

All better?

So I haven't written for a few days because my knee hasn't been on my mind. It hasn't been an imposition. Dare I say it? Is it just about healed?

I took the dog for a lovely long walk in the rain over the weekend. We must have walked a good two or three miles. And I felt fine. Granted, I pilfered oranges three times for sustenance. I do love this time of year when navel oranges are deliciously ripe and just begging to be picked from the trees along these suburban sidewalks.

I traveled to LA today. Flew on a small jet, which meant I had to climb stairs to get in and out. And, at one point, I found myself hauling my bags and bod into an SUV. My knee was all for it. Even walked to the end of a pier to catch the late afternoon sun and take in a whiff of the clean ocean air. A perfect break from the preceding business meeting. At no point did my knee speak up. (Yes, yes, we know that my knee is shy...per my previous "knee therapy" post, which--apparently--only amused me. But that's OK. I may be the only person reading my own blog.)

I've been tracking my scar healing and will have some new photos to share soon. I know you can't wait for them. Like a car wreck, right? Can't look, but you will.

So all seems relatively well in my knee world for now.

All in all, I'm feeling fortunate to have healed so quickly.

This post is written six weeks after surgery.

2 comments:

TallGal said...

I am sooooooo glad to hear that you are doing well! Yay!

Unknown said...

Hi, My name is Joyce Schaffer RN. I work in clinical trials in Scottsdale, AZ. We have a very promising drug that has had remarkable results for individuals with PVNS. Can you help me get the word out? You can read more about the trial at: http://1.usa.gov/1agoeYh My number is 480-323-1339 and my email address is joschaffer@shc.org. I would be happy to answer any questions. Thank you for your time!
Joyce