Wednesday, January 23, 2008

First PT tomorrow

Don't know what to expect. I really do think my knee has bounced back pretty quickly. Very little discomfort now. But I suspect that I don't have my full range of motion back...and for this they will send me to a physical therapist who will tell me in tones of great profundity "to bend my knee more frequently." I will nod my head enthusiastically and thoughtfully, as if pondering a grand new and bold thought. Yes, I suspect I'll be told to do a handful of exercises in repetitions of something and then I'll be sent on my way. And for this I will be skipping out of work tomorrow morning?! OK, not skipping. I hear you. If I were skipping I wouldn't be going to PT in the first place. Let's just say my expectations are low, but I'll be going to my HMO's new flagship hospital for the PT. I hope I get a therapist who believes that a full body massage is the quickest way to heal a knee. Or perhaps this new facility has a shaman who can dangle a gold coin on a red thread over my knee, mumble jibberish at my whole leg, and then scare out all the bad mojo?

Actually I'll just be happy to get good parking.

I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments: